Sep 6, 2013

Songs that Finally Make It to My Playlist

hi y'all...i haven't been blogging for more than a week! My excuse for this time is that I'm being insomniac for the whole week (huhu)...I feel sleepy as early as 7 pm...and it's so hard to fight the sleepiness...the most important thing that keep me from falling into the dreamland is that i keep telling myself "You should do the most vital thing for a Muslimah, performing the solat"...after praying the Maghrib prayer, then I would zzzz...I will wake up at 2 in the morning and could not fall back to sleep afterwards...and the eye bag becomes heavier day by day, even my hubby is afraid to look at my face in the morning (I'm not married to a zombie, nooooo!!!)

the thing that accompanies me during my 'wake up' phase is the songs in my playlist...my favorite is rock songs but just recently, i love hearing rap from W.A.R.I.S
i find his songs are very unique and they contain positive messages to the listeners...WARIS includes phrases that often said by his grandparents (I forgot whether it is his grandma or granddad) in his rap according to the radio interview that I heard... if I not mistaken the radio station is SURIA.FM...as usual I would listen to SURIA top 30 on Saturday hosted by HOLO (Halim Othman dan Linda Onn) and they invited WARIS to join the slot...

WARIS raps in Negeri Sembilan's dialect and I regard it as fascinating because it goes very well with the rhythm...his latest single featuring other DJs "Ritma Merdeka" is marvelous...as I listen to the song I could gather many information about our beloved nation...I even considering to use this song in my "Sivik dan Kewarganegaraan" class...
thanks to WARIS because he adds up the spice in my songs choice and offers me a new perspective especially in rap songs...i love all the 3 songs from WARIS; Rembau Most Wanted, Bertingket and Ritma Merdeka...
WARIS,keep up the good works...

No comments: